Dean’s Profile : Commerce
Mr C. Mpala (Dean Faculty of Commerce)
Mr C. Mpala holds a Master of Business Administration (NUST) and a First Degree in Business Management (NUST). He also holds a National Diploma in Motor Industry Management and a Zimbabwe Further Education Teachers Certificate (ZFETC) besides being a qualified Journeyman class 1 automotive engineer. He is also currently the Senior Proctor in the University. He is a PhD candidate studying with the University of Lusaka. His research interests are in entrepreneurship and the Informal sector/economy.
- Nyanga, T, Mpala, C and Chifamba, E (2012) Brain Drain: Implications for sustainable development in Zimbabwe: Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa (Volume 14, No.8, 2012)
- Mpala. C (2014) The place of African Native culture in the Business world. Research Journal of Commerce and Behavioural Science. Vol. 3. No.12, 2014, pp. 31-35.
- Mpala. C (2014) An evaluation of Polytechnic Strategies to Industry Personnel Needs. Journal of Business Administration and Education, Vol. 5, no. 2, 2014, pp. 171-190.
- Mpala. C (2014) An investigation into the impact of selection instruments used in high unemployment conditions to job seekers. Research Journal of Social Science & Management, Vol. 4, No. 04, 2014, pp. 148-159.
- Mpala. C. (2014) The perception of punctuality in the management of time. Research Journal of Social Science & Management, Vol. 4, No. 07, 2014, pp. 132-136.
- Organised and ran a National Conference in collaboration with the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education on Commercial Subjects Challenges: (7-11 April 2015) which attended by over 500 delegates from the whole country.
- Conference Presentation: Presented a paper (An evaluation of polytechnic strategies to Industry Personnel Needs) to the Research and Intellectual Expo (RIE) in February 2011 in the Tertiary Education Quality Assurance theme.
- Conference Presentation: Beyond the enclave--- Pro-poor development. OSISA Conference entitled: Zimbabwe: Present Realities, Future Prospects, 24th-27th November 2013, Holiday Inn, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.