"Financial and Economic Literacy for community development"
Nathan Mugumisi (Chairperson, Lecturer)
- MSc Degree in Economics (University of Zimbabwe).
- BSc in Economics (University of Zimbabwe).
- Development economics
- Financial economics
- Production economics
For more information on the programmes contact:
Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Accounting and Finance
Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Real Estate Management
Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Banking and Risk Management
Bachelor of Technology Honours Degree in Tourism and Hospitality
Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Economics
Bachelor of Commerce Honours Degree in Accounting and Finance
- BBA Accounting
- ACCA (Professional Stage)
- Financial Accounts
Financial Reports, Audit Skills and Processes, Financial Accounting I and II
- Masters of Science in Finance and Investment (NUST)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) Degree in Finance (NUST)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants: Operational level Student (CIMA)
- Political Risk and Foreign direct investment
- Globalisation, Emerging markets and international business
- Corporate finance and Environmental reporting.
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance I COAF 2102
- Corporate Finance II COAF 2202
- Company Law COAF 2106
- Financial Mathematics I COAF1105
- Financial Mathematics II COAF 1205
- Advanced Asset Pricing Theory and Practice COAF 4102
- International Finance COAF 4206
- Finance For Purchasers COPS 4106
- Financial management in Tourism and Hospitality COTH 2203
- Mawanza. W. Foreign Exchange Exposure Management Practices by Zimbabwe’s Tourism and Hospitality Companies: A Case for the Depreciation of Rand (2014-2016) Journal of Economics and Behavioural Studies (ISSN: 2220-6140) Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 123-132, August 2016
- Mawanza. W. An assessment of the Political Risk Management Strategies by Multinational Corporations (MNCs) operating in Zimbabwe. International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 6, No. 3; March 2015
- Mawanza. W. ‘ The modern corporation: A theoretical review of the modern corporation in Zimbabwe and the use of share option schemes as a way of reducing the agency problem in stock market listed companies.’ European Journal of Business and Social Sciences, Vol. 3, No.3, pp 28-38, June 2014. P.P. 28 -38
- Mawanza. W. ‘An Analysis of the Main Forces of Workplace Fraud in Zimbabwean Organization’s: The Fraud Triangle Perspective.’ International Journal of Management Sciences and Business Research 2014 (ISSN-2226-8235) Volume 3, Issue 2 Paper 9
- Mawanza. W.1, Mugumisi. N2 & Sixpence. A.3 The impact of political risk on the location decisions of Multinational corporations: A Zimbabwean perspective, Global Journal of Commerce & Management Perspective, G.J.C.M.P.,(2013) Vol.2(6):78-84
- Mawanza. W.1, Mugumisi. N.2 Capital structure and corporate performance: a case for tourism and hospitality sector of Zimbabwe, Global Journal of Commerce & Management Perspective, G.J.C.M.P.,(2013) Vol.2(6):85-90
- Mawanza. W.1, Mugumisi. N.2 An Assessment Of The Extent To Which Zimbabwean Organizations Have In Practice Begun To Make The Shift Towards Triple Bottom Line Reporting (TBL). The Research journal of commerce and behavioral science, Vol 3, No 3 (2014).
- Chokuda. T1, Mawanza W2, Chimboza.F3 ‘ The Impact of Emerging Market Trends on the Development and Marketing of Financial Service Products in Zimbabwe Post Dollarization’ Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies (ISSN: 2220-6140) Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 216-226, December 2016
- Mugumisi. N.1, Mawanza. W.2, Corporate cash holding under liquidity crisis: A Panel analysis of Zimbabwean firms. The Research journal of commerce and behavioral science, Vol 3, No 3 (2013)
- G. Mudzviti1, Mawanza. W2. ‘An analysis of the root causes of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) failure in Zimbabwe during the period 1999-2011.’ Research journal of commerce and behavioral science, Vol 3, No 5 (2014)
- Tapera J1, Mawanza. W2 An Evaluation of The Affinity For Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) And Willingness To Dilute Shareholding Among Zimbabwean Companies; A Case Study Of Bulawayo-Based Companies Vol 4, No 01 (2014)
MComm Accounting (Midlands State University), BComm Accounting (Midlands State University)
Managerial Accounting, Small to medium enterprises (accounting), financial accounting and auditing. Currently studying certificate in theory and accounting level 2(CTA) – ICAZ, CAA and university of Witswatersland.
- MSC Economics (UZ),
- BSC Economics (UZ),
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (Botho University) Botswana), Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management (ICM UK)
- Labour Economics.
- Gender Economics
- Labour Economics.
- Quantitative Analysis for Business.
- Advanced Microeconomics.
- PHD in Accounting Finance Studies,
- MCM in Accounting,
- MSC in Banking & Finance,
- BCM in Accounting, Diploma in Education
- Accounting Practices by business organisations, Taxation , Financing of SMEs & other marginalized entities such as farmers.
Taxation, Financial Accounting, Micro Economics
- MSC Finance & Investments, BBS (Banking & Finance)
- Behavioural Finance & Markets
- Financial risk methods
- Financial Innovalues.
- Risk Analysis & management, investment Analysis & Portfolio management, Real Estate Risk, Research methods
- Master of Commerce in Tourism and Hospitality Management (MSU)
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management (UZ)
- Further Education Trainers Diploma (Mutare Polytechnic)
- Community involvement in Tourism
- Carnival Tourism
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training in the Hospitality Industry
- Tourism Impact Assessment
- COTH 4101 Tourism Development and Management
- COTH 4103 Tourism and Hospitality Human Resource Management
- COHR 4106 Hotel and Institutional Management
- Diploma in Technical Education (Home Economics ) Belvedere Technical College (UZ)
- Bachelor of Technical Education (Home Economics) (UZ)
- Master in Technical Education Specializing in Human Nutrition (UZ)
- Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Tourism and Hospitality Management Curriculum Planning, Development, Implementation and Evaluation
- Nutrition, Hygiene and Safety
- Food Science and Human Nutrition Issues
- Community Nutrition
- Food preparation and Beverage Management
- Strategic Management for Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Services Quality Management
- Business Ethics and Tourism Governance
- Marketing of Tourism and Hospitality Products and Services
Conference Paper Presentations
- Research and Innovation Association of Bulawayo Polytechnic (RIAP)
- Research Based Stemitized Innovations: Solutions to Revive Zimbabwe (8th - 9th March 2018. Troutbeck Resort, Nyanya, Zimbabwe
- Bcom Honours degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management from Midlands State University (Zimbabwe).
- Cultural Tourism (Maintaining authenticity of National Monuments)
- Rooms Division Management
- Introduction to Tourism
- MSc Degree in Finance and Investment (National University of Science and Technology, Zimbabwe).
- Bcomm in Finance (National University of Science and Technology ,Zimbabwe).
- Financial Risk modeling
- Stock Market Analytics
- Fixed Income Investments and Portfolio management.
Financial Mathematics, Quantitative Analysis for Business, Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, Econometrics, supervisor for several undergraduate students' Research Projects.
MCom Economics (Midlands State University), MSc Banking and financial economics (NUST), BCom Economics Honours Degree (Midlands State University)
Development economics, economics of happiness, human trafficking, political economics and banking
Principles of micro-economics, introduction to agricultural economics, agricultural economics, mathematics for economists, international trade theory and policy, managerial economics, public sector economics. Quantitative Analysis for Business.
BCom Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management from Midlands State University
- Quality Management
- Cost management strategies
Managing Front office Operations , Introduction to Hospitality
- Msc Degree in Agriculture Economics from University of Hohenheim (Germany)
- Bcom Economics (honours) degree from Midlands State University (Zimbabwe).
Market development and linkages, Value chains, Innovation platforms, Bio-energy economics, Climate change, and Conservation agriculture
Environmental economics; Quantitative analysis for business 1; Principles of economics - macroeconomics