- PROGRAMME AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- DURATION OF STUDY
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
- The main aim of the programme is for capacity building for the Judiciary Services Commission.
- At least 2 ‘A’ Levels and 5 ‘O’ Levels including English Language.
1 plus Attachment
- On successful completion of the diploma, graduates can be formally employed as Professional Court Interpreters and Translators.
- HSCI 1101 Principles of Court Interpreting I
- HSCI 1102 Introduction to Translation and Editing
- HSCI 1103A Introduction to the Zimbabwe Legal System
- HSCI 1103B Introduction to Professional Ethics
- HSCI 1104 Language and Society I
- HSCI 1105 Introduction to Linguistics
- HSCI 1106 Introduction to Communication
- HSCI 1201 Principles of Court Interpreting II
- HSCI 1202 Introduction to Civil Procedure and Evidence
- HSCI 1203 Introduction to Criminal Procedure and Evidence
- HSCI 1204 Language and Society II
- HSCI 1205 Language,VFC and Children’s Rights
- HSCI 1206 Multilingualism and Bilingualism in Society
- HSCI 1207 Industrial Attachment