The library was set up initially by Miss Siphosenkosi Sibanda in 2006 in a small room with 2 bays of shelving that were donated by the Rural Libraries and Resource Development Program (RLRDP).
The first location was at the western wing of the main building at the NRZ Training Centre. Miss Faith Mandere took over the organisationof the library in 2007 and subsequently handed over to Mrs Daphne Sibanda in 2008. Miss Sifundo Gumede joined the library in2008 until 2009. In 2009 the library moved to NRZ Administration block. Currently it is housed on the 3rd floor at ZIMDEF House along Fort Street.
To provide information and knowledge for the betterment of communities.
To timeously provide information resources that promote learning, support teaching; enhance scholarly research and creativity for the advancement of knowledge.
- To provide timely access to information sources
- To improve access and user experience
- To provide greater access to digital collections while continuing to build and improve collections in all formats to meet.
- research, teaching and learning needs of the University.
- To deliver a Library service that is user-focused.
- To develop the infrastructure for effective delivery.
- To optimize resource sharing at a local, national and international level
- To enhance Library space
- To promote and facilitate the use of existing and new information services.
- To provide efficient consultation mechanisms to ascertain information needs, determine priorities and adapt services to specific groups and disciplines within the Lupane State University scholarly community.
- To provide digital content, tools and services
- To develop and encourage a highly skilled and motivated staff committed to the achievement of the Library’s mission
- To secure adequate facilities and resources and manage these creatively.
- To provide an easily accessible, user-friendly and safe environment that fosters research and study, teaching and learning for both Library users and Library employees.
- To apply appropriate technological innovations and promote innovative adoptions of emerging learning technologies to achieve productivity and efficiency.
- To offer formal and informal instructions to promote information literacy.
- To recruit, hire and retain quality staff with expertise in delivering excellent service in response to the rapidly changing needs of the University.
- To continue to improve the Library’s effectiveness through systematic, ongoing outcome assessment.