“Rural Epistemologies and Didactics for Sustainability in Rural Learning Ecologies”
Submission of Abstracts: Closing Date is the 26th of April 2019
Accepted papers will be published in a special issue of the journal
Rural Epistemologies and didactics for sustainability in rural learning ecologies.
The Conference Registration Fee is pegged at US $150.00 (or its equivalent).
N.B. Conference Fee covers lunches and refreshments as well as all conference materials.
CALL FOR PAPERS BACKGROUND:
This is a call for submissions of papers for the Sustainable Rural Learning Ecologies Colloquium (SURLEC) conference to be held in Zimbabwe, Lupane State University main campus from 9 to 12 July 2019. Education is the backbone to the development of any sustainable society. It is for this reason that tertiary institutions have developed into knowledge generation centres where collaborative researches are carried out to confront challenges emerging in different environments. As the need for exploring the epistemic space for economic sustainability gains momentum, educators are grappling with how they can impart knowledge to learners so as to achieve desired sustainable outcomes. It is on this basis that (SURLEC) is premised. SURLEC is mainly driven by the desire to enhance collaborative research in rural contexts across the globe. SURLEC focuses on articulating rural epistemological repositories in the broader universe of knowledge production that serves the objectives of rural sustainable development. It is premised on the idea that rural ecologies get sustenance through exploiting their epistemic space.
Account Numbers for Making Conference Registration Payments:
NOSTRO Account ;
Lupane State University
8th Avenue Branch, Bulawayo
Account number : 151000198151
LOCAL Account ;
Account Name : Lupane State University
Bank Name: Agribank
Branch Name: York House
Branch Code: 6302
Account No. : 057291279101
- Inclusivity and Rural Education.
- Gender Issues and Education in Rural Contexts.
- Didactic Principles and Rural Education.
- Assessment and Learning in the Rural Classroom.
- Teaching Practice In Rural Contexts.
- Land Reform and Rural Education.
- Implementing Curriculum Innovation In Rural Contexts.
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training Education in Rural Contexts.
- Resource Mobilization and Sustainability in Rural Education.
- Ubuntu Philosophy in Rural Learning.
- Agriculture Education and Rural Development.
- Tertiary Institutions and Knowledge Production in Rural Contexts .
Please email your Abstract to :
Dr. Bekithemba Dube
Managing Editor: African Journal of Education in Rural Contexts (AJERC)
Dr. C. Ndlovu
Lecturer: Educational Foundations Dept.
Lupane State University